Throughout the day, usually when I’m supposed to be doing other things, I come up with a fair amount of links that I find really interesting but don’t necessarily have anything to say about. This is why I’ve decided to start posting them under the title of amuse-gueules, which is a French term for appetizers and literally means to amuse your yap or mug or trap or any other somewhat crude word for mouth.
So here are your amuse gueules for today:
- Amazon electronically recalls George Orwell, right into the digital memory hole
- Portugal creates wiki-Constitution, Israel considers doing the same
- Hamas’s movie making debut
- Nigaz, please: Nigerian-Russian gas venture translates poorly
- Why the Angry Arab has a colonized mind and doesn’t know much about Iran
- Dreams of Mauritanian Obama dashed: results of the election you didn’t hear about